Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Pictures

In an effort to please our reader, I mean "readers" here are some pictures I took on my interview trip in April. Unfortunately, I did not keep the UBS cable away from the movers who packed it with the sea freight. Right now it's probably in the Houston port awaiting departure tomorrow on a slow boat. I'll try to track something down locally.

In the meantime . . .

This is a 17th century palace with beautiful grounds two blocks from our current apartment. During the recent good weather many Danes have soaked up the sun on the lawn. This photo is from April with the crocuses in full bloom.

The little mermaid (I like the Danish name: "lille halvfrue" = "the little half-woman") is located north of the Maersk office on the waterfront.



















Nyhavn is a popular area for enjoying life in Copenhagen, sitting at a cafe and people-watching.

Will try to post more later.

1 Comments:

At 15 June, 2006 03:04, Blogger Jim C. Hines said...

Cool -- thanks! I need to save a copy of the Little Mermaid pic. She's probably going to be an important character in the book I write after I finish the current one.

Looks like a fun place to explore!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home